Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Christmas Letter...


The Fall leaves are gone and in the compost pile in the backyard. Which means it is about time to start the annual Christmas Letter. Since I retired I have been assigned this task for the last couple of years. I have spent part of the day sorting through all the photos I took during the last year and putting them in one collection. I needed to do this so WB could select the best one or two photos to put on the top of the letter. The next task will be to make the first rough draft. I need to insure that all the highlights of the year are covered and that nothing important is omitted. Than comes the reviews by WB and a couple of rewrites. And than off to the kids for a final edit and comments. And than hopefully I can publish. Than comes the big decision should we include a sheet of pictures showing what we did all year. Usually that is omitted but each year we think about it. And finally the big, who gets the letter. It goes to all brothers and sisters, kids, cousins, and some selected friends. A couple of copies are always held in reserve to send to that person who sent us their letter so off goes our letter. Each year I hear comments from folks who do not like the annual Christmas letter since it is mostly about look at what we did. But it is kind of fun to see what other folks do and to keep up on things.

Next on the agenda is the Christmas wish list. WB said only two presents per person. We will see how long that lasts.

My Wish list:
Bike Gloves, Med My old ones are becoming mostly holes.
Bike inner tubes 25*700c Presta value, short. Used my last one last Saturday.
Picture Mat making kit. maybe some mat board also.
Steamer for cooking vegetables etc.
Fabric cutter thing that looks like a pizza cutter.
Sony Alpha 700 DSLR with 18-70mm zoom. If MDT does better I may get this one from Santa. (or me)









1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

I look forward to editing :)