Friday, April 14, 2006

One Week

I have now been retired one full week. I must say I am starting to get the hang of it, I think. Today was a big day. Paid the bills. I had to spend some of those savings I worked on for thirty years. I must say it took awhile to pay WB's credit card bill since it had all of the airfare for the big European Family vacation. But than I thought hey it's Good Friday banks are closed this won't post till next week. So I clicked pay in full. I hope WB enjoys the air miles. Went to the magic money at Safeway where there is a branch and guess what the bank was open. Oh well, checked ML account and one of my stocks paid a dividend. Thanks Merrill Lynch. Life is good.

Went for another great bike ride. Yesterday's ride was full of old guy aches and pains. But today was great ride up my favorite hill did not get rained on and had a great sandwich when I got home.

Lined up with the all the folks this am from the local retirement community down the road. Waiting for the local hair cutting place to open. A new gal cut my hair. It is easy just buzz off the little I have. Things were going great until she asked if she could trim my eyebrows. Visions of those folks in line flashed before my eyes and than I said OK go ahead. I just thought those were extra trees in my Peripheral vision. Wow the world is more clear now.

Have the bed covered with items for the great camping trip to Yosemite. I am convinced we could camp for a week on less when we had two little kids at home. Trying to decide if I should take my new REI down bag. Purchased it just before I retired. It took me almost three years of saving my pocket change to get the money. Did well though had a nice dividend check and got 20% off the most expensive item which was the bag. Of course the Governor needs his 8% sales tax based on the non discounted price.

The timer is going off which means my beer is cold. More later after the trip.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

can't wait to see the eyebrows!!! have a great trip.