Thursday, April 13, 2006

Retired


Well it was one week ago today that was my last day at work. I must say the last two weeks at work went faster than I thought they would. Had some good lunches, beers and a great party at the house to celebrate. Made out on retirement gifts. Almost $200 at REI. Well think very carefully on how to spend.

I must say adjusting has been harder than I thought it would be. I have not worked out a good routine for the day yet. The weather has been very rainy so I have not gotten out on the bike much until today. Finally nice and sunny.

We did do the first retired thing. We went to the local RV show. Wow are those things expensive. I'm sticking with the tent. First trip next week to my favorite place Yosemite. Camping for four nights. Hope all goes well. Trying to make sure WB is warm and happy. Than it is off to the yongest daughter's college for parents for the weekend and home on Sunday. Should be fun.

Tried out the new ditigal camera this am in the macro mode.


I hope the photo uploaded.

I must say the hardest part so far is spending money. I had read an article that it would be. After several excel cash flow models I knew it would all work out. But I must say it is hard after saving every month for 30 years.

All for now off to buy groceries for camping and cooking dinner tonight. My other new thing, cooking.

2 comments:

Melissa Haworth said...

Nice photo, glad you finally got some sunny weather. Come visit Paige anytime you don't have something to do!

farfromca said...

Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy your retirement. From what i gather, you deserve every minute!