Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sierra vs. Alps

During the trip there was some discussion which is better the Alps or the Sierra around Yosemite. Mr H, the youngest and myself made many comments. I must say I was the hold out that Yosemite was the best. But after the cable car ride up Mont Blanc I was starting to agree the Alps had an edge. But I must note that when the youngest and I were shopping for those European hiking pants for men we ran into a sales clerk in Chamonix that had traveled in the US for six months and said the Eastern Sierra around Bishop Ca was by far the best mountains in the world. She had hoped to get to immigrate to the US but found it almost impossible. So she resigned herself to be a US citizen in her next life.

Anyway yesterday I took a drive up towards Tahoe on highway 50 for a short hike out of Wright's Lake into the Desolation Wilderness.

So here are a couple of Sierra pictures from yesterday and a couple from the Alps. You can decide for yourself. I must say the Sierra's only cost $35.00 for gas. The Alps came in at a bit more.

The Sierra pictures on top. Alps below. Mountains and wildflowers from each area.



No comments: