Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Free Stuff and an Angel at the Top





Yesterday and today the Tour of California made it's way for a finish yesterday in downtown Santa Rosa. And today was the race start for the ride to Sacramento. Mrs H and Biscuit came over for the race yesterday which was a great surprise since we had just been at Mr and Mrs H's two days earlier to watch Biscuit for the day. It was a fun event and I think everyone had a good time. Biscuit enjoyed watching the helicopter fly over taking pictures of the racers coming into town. There were two big screens set up to watch the race. We did however miss the big crash at the end since we were on the other side of the course through downtown. I will put pictures of Biscuit on my blog tomorrow having issues uploading.

Anyway today the tour departed Santa Rosa and made it's first big climb over Trinity Road. I departed the house on my bike about 1 1/2 hours before the start since it is about 20 miles to the top of the climb using the route I took. It is a three mile climb which took me 30 minutes to complete which I felt was a good time for me. There were lots of folks setting up to wait for the Tour so it was fun riding up the hill they rang there cows bells and cheered you on. But at the top was the Specialized Angel. Quite the sight!! You can see her in the background as the first racer crests the hill about 90 seconds ahead of the pack. I felt sorry for her because it was so cold... I had my winter bike stuff on and I was still very chilled with the wind blowing. But I did get some nice free stuff over the two days. If you ever need bike repairs in Santa Rosa I would go to Santa Rosa Cyclery. They were giving out free water bottles. Great little shop in this hole in the wall location.

More photos tomorrow when the upload works better I hope.

1 comment:

farfromca said...

How great to have the race in Santa Rosa. I talked to Mrs. H on her way home and it sounded like a wonderful afternoon. The pictures are great, you should take a camera along more often. :) Glad you are liking our video!