Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fun at REI


The photo at the left is of myself and my friend Art. I used the tripod Mrs H made me for Christmas. It works great and Art was impressed with how simple and effective it was.

Well a couple of weeks ago I counted all that lose chain I had. And last week my REI dividend check arrived. So yesterday I headed to the bank with all my rolled change. Deposited some of my savings and took the rest in cash. Than off to REI with my cash and dividend check in hand. I had done my homework for like six months so I had it down to two packs. One from REI and a Gregory. After loading both up with 30 pounds and walking with each around the store the REI pack won. Must say I was a bit surprised, but I think it is going to be a great pack for those less than a week trips. And the best of all I used my 20% off coupon. Of course I did not stop there, new pair of shorts, first aid kit, water purification tablets (for trip), and a new wallet. I think my old one I used for about 20 years.

The new wallet seems good. I have been cleaning house today Biscuit coming Saturday. So I put my wallet Passport and money in my security pouch put it around my neck and have been seeing how it works. Seems OK, I guess if I get totally ripped off in India I will have my C-cards Passport, some money and a ticket home.

No comments: