Monday, March 12, 2007

Kids and Getting Older

Now that I am retired I can go out with my kayak whenever I want. Like a nice sunset paddle a couple of weeks ago on the Napa River. Going again tomorrow when everyone is at work.
Also now that I am retired I enjoyed reading a couple of blogs everyday. Underconstruction, and Waiting for Naptime. I enjoy reading about the trials of having young kids around the house. It makes me think back to when WB and me had all those responsibilities, like diapers, going for walks to the park, Preschool, soccer and on so on. And of course giving advice. Now we get to do some of those same things with Biscuit. But if I don't want to Mr or Mrs H can change the diaper.

But now I find myself calling Mrs H for advice on cooking, sewing, yard work etc. I am using Mr H's advice on the new lawn mower and how to fertilize my lawn. And the youngest who I am off to see in India in 10 days helps me with the travel end of thing. The youngest has me convinced that I can travel to India with no problem she will take care of me.

I must say I enjoy hearing their advice on things it has made several decisions much easier.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

Glad my advice is sometimes helpful. I posted a recipe for you--uses REAL whipped cream :)