Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thirty Eight and counting...

Thirty eight years and counting. That is how long as of today WB and I have been married. Last year at year 37 I took in the paper to WB as I do each morning so she can read it in bed when she awakes. Last year when she woke up she looked at the paper and did not mention anything. So I took her card and present and than she realized she had completely forgotten our anniversary. This year she mentioned last week that she had a surprise for us on the Saturday before our anniversary and to not plan anything. Well we ended up having Biscuit and Mrs H visit. So WB said we would do our little trip on Sunday. On Sunday the weather was bad so we postponed our event until after Christmas. So this year I was sure WB would remember our anniversary. I even asked her if she wanted the good gift on our anniversary or at Christmas. As usual no answer. So when this morning arrived I got up first, got the paper put it on the pillow next to a sleeping WB. Found my card and gift and put it on the floor next to the bed. About an hour later I heard the sound of the paper being read so I went in to the bedroom. WB proceeded to say good morning and tell me about something in the paper. I made light conversation awaiting my happy anniversary and card. After a couple of minutes I produced my card and present. And WB looked puzzled for a moment and than realized she had forgotten for the second year in a row. I did get taken out for breakfast and we are going to a movies at the end of the day. We will see how next year goes.

No comments: