Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Parts are found...



The parts are found for the sewing machine. WB found them last night in the closest. Started looking through my old sewing stuff this afternoon and discovered that REI use to sell sewing paterns. Check out the photo on the left. I doubt you can find sewing kits on REI.com. I also found an old Frostline Kit catalog in with a kit I did not finish. A pair of knickers for cross country skiing. They use to be what you would want to be seen in. About 30 years ago. I put some thread in the machine and it seemed to make an OK seam on my test piece of nylon fabric that I found. I think I have enough to make my holder for my Camelbak. I also found some velcro so when I get the stiffening stuff in the mail from Mrs H. I will sew away.

Off to look at my old catalog from 1976.