Monday, September 25, 2006

We own nothing sharp

As Mr and Mrs H would tell anyone this house has no sharp knifes. And I found out this am that it also has no sharp scissors. I made my pattern for my water bladder holder out of fine newspaper. After ironing the nylon fabric and tracing my pattern on to the fabric with a piece of chalk WB found I attempted to cut the fabric. And guess what the scissors would not cut at all. After a couple more pairs were tried I finally found a scissors that was up to the job. After getting all the parts cut out I fired up the old sewing machine and it sort of sewed on my test piece of fabric. After and hour of tension hell and all I was getting was broken thread I decided to go on a ride. As I had mentioned in the last post I have started looking at touring bikes. After visiting Biscuit and Mr and Mrs H yesterday which put WB in a very happy mood. We stopped at REI and I looked at the REI touring bike. One my size in Berkeley. So I decided today to visit Santa Rosa Cycle during my ride since they sell Cannondale bikes and Cannondale has a sweet looking touring bike. Since touring bikes are not big sellers I was sure the shop (It is a little out of the way hole in the wall place. ) would not have the T-2000 top of the line Cannodale touring model. I should have more faith, they had my bolt I needed last spring when everyone else said three weeks to get after ordering. The young lady said we do have that bike right here. But it was too large of a frame. However their other store down the road has one my size and it can be here on Tuesday just a phone call away. It was a pretty sweet bike. Just like the young lady said a nice piece of eye candy and hard to put back. So I guess it is a bike ride to the next town tomorrow to check out the correct size. Being the cheap person that I am the REI bike is half the price. But the components are a step down. It took me 2 years to buy my current bike so I don't think I will do anything too brash. On the way home from the bike store I stopped at the local sewing and vacuum repair store. I am sure not too many old guys stop by on their bike and ask about sewing machine tune ups. The nice lady said $60.00 to tune it up and make it work like new. So I guess the machine goes in the WRX on Tuesday for a ride to the repair shop. Came home had lunch and joined Adventure Cycling a place to get all the maps etc. for the up coming 07 halfoz bike tour. Got a deal for being 60+. Comes with a magazine subscription. The bike is Black. What color panniers should I get to go with that???? If I buy red WB's family will never let me live it down. How about yellow??

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

Nothing too brash, eh? A very informative post, thank you. Let me know if the sewing machine folks do a good job, my machine needs help!