Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Adverbs and such...


Did I ever tell you that I had to pass this essay exam thing to graduate from college. Well writing has never been my thing. And at Iowa State you had to write a 500 word essay in on of those little blue books with no more than 5 errors. Well I started as soon as I could the first Quarter of my Jr year and finished the last Quarter of my two years as senior. I took every stupid study class for writing Iowa State had, but I made it finally. Needless to say writing is not my thing. WB let's me know the errors I have made in the Blog but nothing to big. Just spelling and dangling this or that. I think I was around forty when I figured out what, too, really meant. I just used it where ever, spelling was correct not big deal.
But I did it this year I wrote the Christmas letter. That's me holding the result. Not bad uh. It took me a couple of edits, Mrs H one edit and WB around four or five. The last on being just before printing so it was on the computer. WB loves Word and computers a couple of minutes into the final edit. There was the I hit something and it's formatted all wrong. I had told WB miss it up and you have to fix it. Oh well a couple of clicks here and there and things were OK. Thank God I can do a few things.
So if you struggle figuring out what I am saying. Just deal with it.
I think Christmas is finally figured out. Party at Mr and Mrs H on Sat. Get to stay over night. Fun with Biscuit on Sat, stocking shopping, and Party at Mr H's parents house on Christmas eve. Than home.
Our Christmas with Biscuit and Mr and Mrs H the next week on New Years eve day or New Years day just need to hear from Mrs H. Could stay overnight and celebrate New Years eve with two (too) old folks. I pointed out to WB that any last minute gifts could be bought at the after Christmas sales.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. And if things work out I may do the letter again next year.

No comments: