Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A new Project...


I started a new project making a camping quilt for backpacking. I also purchased the stuff bag kit for a project to do first. The stuff bag was fairly easy to do but the silicon coated nylon was really slick and a little hard to sew. But it came out OK and should function just fine. I have been going slow on the quilt so I don't goof up. I have only had to rip out one seam so far. Down to the last big step sewing it all together and turning it correct side out. I will do that later today.

I am looking forward to trying it out. The idea makes sense you crush the bottom part of the bag anyway and the pad insulates you from the ground. So why not do away with the bottom. Plus it gives you a little more wiggle room. Plus I like making my own stuff. My Pepsi can stove works great. Only weights 1/2 oz and the complete cook set only weights 7 oz. Over a pound saved off my old stove and cook set. If this project works well my next one is a tarp tent weighting in at about 12 oz.

Off to do some pinning and sewing:) I won't show any close up of my seams since I can't seem to sew as straight as Mrs H.

No comments: