Monday, August 07, 2006

Iowa and Gardens



When I go back to Iowa I go and visit my sister in Ross, Iowa. It is a very small collection of maybe 20 houses the loacal church and more dogs than people. It is a great little place. When I was in Grade school I use to get to go the two miles to my sisters house for vacation. Usually lasting about two to three days. I always had a fun time playing with my newhews and neices who are about my age. The one thing as my sister and her husband always had was a large garden. As you can tell by the picture it is nice and green with many vegtables doing very well. They grew just about everything plus, apples and several types of berries. And they canned and froze everything in very large quantities since they have a bunch of kids. But when I got older I have always had a garden but it does not compare to my sister and her husband who are 79 and 82. But I keep trying. The other photo is the Grain Elevator we use to play in. It must be almost 100 years old. They should make it into some kind of historcal monument. It has been around a long time and still looks fair from the outside. The inside is not a place I would let my kids play. But I am sure the kids in Ross still visit the place.

We went to Iowa to attend WB's moms funeral. Nice event she was 92 almost 93 hope I last that long. Now that we are back in sunny California it is time to do some outdoor stuff.

I finally got the new gears put on my bike that Mr and Mrs H gave me for my B-day. It was a great addition to the bike. Finally going to do a one night backpack. I need a tune up before doing something longer. I am taking what halfoz is all about will report back how things worked in another post.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

great photos!