Monday, August 14, 2006

Pictures of Desolation Wilderness


A few pictures from my trip to the Desolation Wilderness by lake Tahoe. It was just a one night trip. But, it proved to be a good tune up for my next trip to Yosemite.

The weather was great not too hot or cold. I went in the middle of the week and was surprised at the number of people at the trail head. Most likely since I picked one of the most popular places to enter the wilderness. And there were lots of vacation cabins around. So parking was a bit of a hassle.

Once I got off the main trail this is the only person I saw on the trail. At the lake there were two guys fishing but they departed at the end of the day. So I had the lake all to myself and the mosquitoes.

My little Sony camera still works great the more I use it the more I like it. Trying to make my load lighter for the next trip. I think I will go back to my biviy instead of a tent and maybe my lighter Therm-a-rest, and my UL pack that will save about 5 - 6 pounds. Stay tuned.


Campsite, lake and flower pictures.




Lake Tahoe

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

great photos. Looks like a great camping spot.