Thursday, May 04, 2006

Good Dirt


The garden is now planted. What I use to do in one day I spread over three. It did include a lot of trimming filling the green bin. I now have an 06 garden in progress. Planted beans, (bush), beets, and corn. Have tried to raise corn in Ca. Over the last 36 years and must say the corn we raised in Iowa on the farm has been the best. But, I am giving it one more try. Need to plant my tomatoes yet. My daughter in Sac got us tomatoes at UC Davis Picnic day.

After a stop at the bike store this am for a final new seat adjustment my ride went well. Was a little worried when the young gal with several interesting tattoos needed a little help in remembering which way tightens a bolt and which way makes it looser. But I must say she did a fine job in making the final small adjustments. My backside was much happier this ride than two days ago when I thought I might return the new seat.

With that done tomorrow is the ride to Sac. Should be double last weeks long ride. But did experiment with food on today's ride. Cliff power shot (chocolate) was quite tasty and gave a nice burst of go power. Gartoade seemed to hold off the old leg cramps. So with an early start and not too hot it should be a good ride. Nice pace, use the HR monitor to keep the ticker in line and hopefully I make it. I hope WB let's me borrow the cell phone.

And if I make it pick up my tomatoes.

Enough for now. Will report on how the ride went.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

hope the tomatoes got planted!