Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In the Foot Steps of Mom















Just finished buying the train tickets for the big European family vacation. The trip is all planned and paid for except for one nights lodging. Now off to the next big adventure. In the picture on the bottom, the guy with the sunglasses is my old friend Bob S. The little person in the middle of the picture is my oldest daughter when she was about 18 months give or take a few sound asleep at the top of Mt Lassen. The good looking guy in the picture on the top is me with my oldest daughter on a hike to the top of Mt Lassen.



This picture is me 30 years later still a good looking guy with no hair. The little person on my back is the our Granddaughter also very cute. Now for the next moving on project.

I checked the Lassen National Park website yesterday and they hope to have the road plowed to my favorite campground by mid July. They had 170 - 190% of average snowfall this year. So by early August I think it will be time for the Granddaughter to follow in her moms footsteps and make that climb up Mt Lassen. As grandparents we now have 2 baby carriers. One is a present for Mr H's B-day. But this one is for me. Oh it has a great sun shade. WB found it at a garage sale for only $20.00 such a deal. I do think for the hike the honor of carrying will go to Mr H. What does Mrs H think?? I can carry water and maybe a diaper or two. I will need to work on WB to get her in shape. Did the hike about five years ago. WB made to the tip so I know it can be done.

I did break WB's rule I have now posted pictures of people. Oh well. No names.

Enough for now off on a short bike ride to see if the legs still work after the Dais Double.

1 comment:

farfromca said...

Great pictures. Love the baby carrier. She looked like she loved it too!