Monday, May 08, 2006

Training and house prices


Training for the Davis Double has been going well. Rode from Santa Rosa to Sacramento on Friday May 5, 2006. A total of 127.59 miles from my front door to my daughters front door. Went well, but I must say about mile 80 I was not sure the double was a good idea. But a short break, cliff bar, some water an on to Davis where my daughter had a great sandwich waiting. A short rest there and the sandwich kicked in about mile 105 and it was OK the rest of the way. Short ride Saturday 25 miles. My legs were shot. Sunday off day under the Oaks at SRJC fun time bought some plants and have the observatory schedule for the observatory in Sugar Loaf Ridge State Park.

Speaking of house prices on my way home Saturday rode by this house about 1.5 miles from home. Great little 903 square feet home for only $599,950.00, wow. My house in a Subdivision with a great school I did not feel would fetch that kind of money. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell.

Good ride today 51 miles felt strong. Legs still not there 100% but maybe 85%. One more long training ride Friday shooting for around 130 - 150 miles and short rides and rest until the double.

Enough for now. Tomatoes are planted along with the new plants I purchased at SRJC.

2 comments:

farfromca said...

WOW! I am quite impressed. congrats on the ride. you will have no trouble with the davis double!

Melissa Haworth said...

I can't believe that house price!!!