Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Christmas in a Box and Great Presents

On Christmas day this year it was just WB and myself. So when we were at the local Safeway a couple of days before Christmas WB noticed that they had a complete Turkey dinner with all the trimming's for a good price. Just pop it in the oven and in less than two hours it would be done. So, we departed Safeway that day with Christmas dinner in a box. Needless to say on Christmas day we followed the directions put the Turkey in the oven and an hour later the mash potatoes and dressing. When it was all done I must say it was very good. The Turkey was nice and moist and done to perfection. The mash potatoes were great but the dressing left a little to be desired. Dessert was pumpkin pie and quite tasty.

So fast forward to New Years Eve day. Mr and Mrs H plus Biscuit came over to celebrate Christmas at our house. As I had said earlier it was the year of socks. Everyone got socks. I did need them however. I was given four pair of biking socks. Very nice ones to boot. Two pair of low cut hiking socks, and six pair of Costco white athletic socks. Plus some handlebar tape, new bike inner tube, Nalgene Water bottle, plus splash guard. And two books one on bike touring, and one from National Geographic on Digital Photography.






But the best present was this ingenues device pictured above. Just the day before on my last bike ride of 2006 I was wishing that someone would get me this little tripod that you can hook on things using these Velcro straps. But Mrs H out did that with this little wonder. It is a bolt, some electrical tape, and three strands of copper wiring. As you can see it makes a great little tripod for a digital camera. And very versatile notice how you can wrap the wire around an object such as this chair to steady the camera. Needless to say I was very pleased. WB also got a great gym bag made by Mrs H. Also very nice. I checked it our thinking I could make one. Bags of that size come in very handy when going camping. Maybe I can get some clues on where to find a pattern.

It was a great Christmas lots of great useful gifts and lots of quality time with Mr, Mrs H and Biscuit plus lots of photos of the events.

We had ham for dinner, but not out of a box.

1 comment:

Melissa Haworth said...

Glad you like the tripod ;) I'll work on a bag pattern for you.